17.12.12

Top 5 Fave Moments from the Martin Short + Paul McCartney Skit on Last Week's 'Saturday Night Live'




BY LIZ

At first I resisted writing this post on account of the fact that it seemed excessively self-indulgent, but whatever -- it's my birthday month! I love Paul McCartney! I love Martin Short! They are both lovely humans and these are my favorite moments from the above video:

5. Paul's vest. Seafoam-green! Sequins! He looks so good. Nice jeans too, Paul.

4. Paul's exquisitely understated comic genius. He so beautifully plays the straight man/sad clown. So subtle, so tender. I think this outshines his performance in A Hard Day's Night, possibly.

3. When Martin Short sing-asks "Holiday where?" and then sing-answers "Holiday here!" In the Vanity Fair with the amazing Freaks & Geeks spectacular there's a really great feature on Martin Short, who is probably the second most lovable man in the history of mankind, after Paul McCartney. I really wish I could just ditch work and watch Innerspace right now, and maybe all the Fake Uncle Jack episodes of Arrested Development.

2. The thing about Paul getting stuck in a tree after chasing a bird. Poor Paul! Paul and his little triangle, and all those sweetly exasperated facial expressions. When Martin Short screams at him, I want so badly to protect him from everything mean in the world.

1. When Paul and his band actually play "Wonderful Christmastime." The other night at the Glendale Galleria I listened to "Wonderful Christmastime" while shopping for "Christmas morning PJs" and found these really cute red flannel pajamas that make me look like a baby emperor, which I'll explain later. And I wish Paul hadn't let the other dudes in the band sing -- but it's all right! The kids in the choir are so sweet and smiley, I love them. I watched this episode in bed yesterday morning, wearing my baby-emperor PJs and drinking Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Spice coffee and feeling like the snuggest bug. I also really dug the "You're A Rat Bastard, Charlie Brown" bit from this episode, and how Pat Smear looked like the happiest person ever during the encore performance of Paulvana. Paul and Pat, buddies forevs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment